Wednesday, November 24, 2010
"I say what most men feel" stood out to me because the veteran is the only honest one and who knows the truth about things. As far as I know he is not blind and he knows the truth. That the white people in society are trying to demean and look down upon them. He is not willing to give them a thousand second chances, like the narrator blindly does, because he knows better than to degrade himself. Unlike Mr. Bledsoe who does not care how he treats his peers because it will put him on top. He is not out to get a fix from helping people. And he is not afraid to tell people the deal. I almost feel like he being a war veteran has seen "everything" he has been through the horrific environment of war. When you got to war and make it back alive, you have nothing to lose, when your life has already been threatened at every second. You see things that people could not imagine in their nightmares. I feel like he's been through enough to just bullshit, when his life was already at steak, there is nothing to lose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment