Friday, December 3, 2010

I appreciate how the narrator gives his speech, because not only was it improvised it was him talking non "scientific". He is still going by his own rules. This takes a lot of courage especially coming from his back ground and even thought some of the people from the Brother hood disapprove of his speech I like its power. It also relates to the theme of blindness in the story. Because he talks about how everyone needs to see 2 sides of the street. Meaning understand how cultures lives there lives differently! When he finished his speech, he stumbles over, like the blind pastor did. I do not know if that has any connection but they both give meaning to idea of "seeing". The people of the brotherhood decide to make him chief spokesperson for the Harlem district and that Ras is still an opponent. I think Ras's name is symbolic for race, as in ethnicity.He seems to be a part of a reform but not with the brotherhood's reform and what they stand for.

No comments:

Post a Comment